Writing - Books, Articles, Documentation
While I’m first and foremost a software developer, I’ve been doing professional technical writing almost my entire career. This has come in many forms over the years:
- Contributions to open source documentation for various Apache Software Foundation projects
- Writing articles for publications such as JavaWorld and Dr. Dobb’s Journal
- Technical editing/reviewing for several book publishers
- Co-authoring (and then sole author) of technical books for Wrox and Apress
- Working as a contractor (and then employee) on Twilio’s Developer Education team to write and maintain documentation.
- Revamping and relaunching a docs site as a developer advocate
- Contributing to internal documentation through platforms such as Confluence
I realized early on in my career that I enjoyed digging deep into complicated technology and then explaining it to others.
All of the books I’ve written are on my Books page.